I am Dr Jason Morgan – professional academic editor and consultant.
I provide bespoke freelance services for academic and industrial clients to enhance the competitiveness and accessibility of research journal submissions and funding applications.
Having supported clients across areas such as condensed matter physics, quantum technologies and the creative industries, my recent projects include successful submissions to Nature Communications and Innovate UK.
I have over 13 years’ experience from a variety of roles across research, publishing and funding, including:
- Research physicist at the University of Leeds and University of Cambridge
- Full-time Senior Editor with Nature Research
- Sociotechnology funding portfolio manager with UKRI
- University funding officer with Swansea University
Through these roles, I have:
- Navigated the editorial/peer-review/publishing process as an author, applicant and decision-maker with high-impact research journals and funders
- Scoped, delivered and supported strategic calls for UK government research funding
- Published my own research in high-impact journals such as Nature Physics and Physical Review Letters
- Won my own independent research funding from organisations such as EPSRC
- Peer reviewed for the American Physical Society and Center for Function Nanomaterials
- Presented at international meetings, conferences and invited talks
In addition, I have also provided editorial and consultative support for research theses, CVs and interview preparation, and other factual texts. I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading.
To contact me about my services or to discuss an upcoming project, please use the form below. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn.